What is the difference between Type I and Type II wallcovering?

  • Type I and Type II refer to vinyl wallcovering only. Type I (light-duty) vinyl is typically used in office areas, hospital patient rooms and hotel rooms. Type II (medium-duty) vinyl is typically used in high-traffic/public areas, foyers, lounges, corridors, offices, hospital wards and classrooms.

Source: Wallcoverings Association (www.wallcoverings.org)


Product Search


Advanced Product Search

add LEED criteria

materials & resources


indoor environmental quality


Remember, existing wallcovering on jobs may be recycled and eligible for MR 2. learn more


Materials Estimator

wallcovering and wallcarpet estimation
*contact customer service for exact yardage